Creamy Chorizo Pasta
1 x cup Prep’s Cashew Cream
1 x roll of Omahu Road Deli Spanish Chorizo
500g Pumpkin cubed
Robinson’s vegan parmesan
1 x handful fresh herbs chopped finely (rosemary, oregano, thyme)
Hemp Farm oil or any other hemp or olive oil
Himalayan pink rock salt
- Pre heat oven to 200°C. Place your chopped pumpkin pieces in a roasting tray, drizzle with oil and your freshly chopped herbs, toss until all the cubes are evenly covered and place in the oven on the middle rack for 20 mins or until the pieces are cooked enough to pierce with a fork. Set a timer for 10 minutes so you can turn them halfway for an even roast on all sides.
- In a nonstick large pot pour 100mls water in it and bring to the boil. Empty your cup of Prep’s Cashew Cream into the pot and put the lid on. Break up your cashew cream as it gets hotter and when it all eventually melts use a whisk to get a smooth consistency. Add more water if needed.
- While you are waiting for the Cashew Cream to melt fill another pot with water and plenty of Himalayan pick rock salt. Bring to the boil and add your packet of pasta. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Slice your Omahu Road Deli chorizo into 12 slices and fry in a frying pan with a little oil on low for a couple minutes on each side.
- Once your Cashew Cream is smooth. Drain your pasta and add it to the cashew cream.
- Add your roasted herbed pumpkin pieces and mix until fully combined
- Serve your pasta on 4 dishes, top each plate with 3 slices of chorizo each, finish them with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan, cracked pepper & enjoy with a lovely bottle of red wine.